Can you sew? Do you like combining colours? Would you like to use your sewing skills in an artistic way?
Island Living, a small innovative company on Nevis, is seeking a Production Assistant to help us create visual art pieces using fabric. Feel free to browse through our website to learn more about what we do....
What we are looking for...
As a member of our team your behaviour demonstrates:
- Curiousity – you ask “What if? or How can we?” you say “Let’s try.”
- Teamwork & respect: you function well within a collaborative environment; you are willing to listen to and act on different ideas
- Proactive thinking – you plan your work to manage your duties
Our Production Assistant has these key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the selection of colours for assigned products
- Measure & cut fabric for designs
- Use a steam iron, pins and scissors.
- Cut and sew small and large appliqué items
- Select and pin together several small pieces of fabric
- Lift boxes or bolts of fabric
- Maintain cleanliness of workspace within the Island Living studio
- Assist in other projects as assigned
- You can sew, experience using an industrial machine is welcomed
- You have a High School Diploma. Passing grade/certification in Clothing & Textiles; Fashion Design or similar program is welcomed
- You have knowledge of fabrics including care, storage and cleaning
- You have an interest in integrating art and sewing skills
- You can work in a collaborative, creative environment
Deadline to apply: September 30th